Order food online in Surat for never-before convenience
Although Surat has a long and interesting history, it is in its present avatar as a hub for textile manufacture and diamond cutting and polishing and that it is best known. This port city on the banks of the River Tapti is a thriving, expanding metropolis, one of the fastest growing of its kind in India, and the nation's first smart IT city.
Surat has many tourist spots worth visiting. Among these are the Sardar Patel and Jawaharlal Nehru Museums, the new Science Center campus, the Jagdishchandra Bose Aquarium, the Chintamani Jain Temple, the Dutch Gardens, and Surat Fort. Nature lovers can spend hours at the Jawaharlal Patel Garden, Dumas Beach, or Gavier Lake. While foodies could tour Surat's many restaurants and footpath eateries to imbibe the inimitable flavours of Gujarati cooking, whether it's just a snack like pav bhaji or a belly-bursting thali.
Eating out is one great way to experience a city, but if you prefer to dine in the privacy of your home, you can order food online in Surat from foodpanda and enjoy each morsel at your own pace.
Choose from hot favourites for food delivery in Surat
Surat has many interesting food preparations to entice the gourmet in you. Some are quick bites, while others are elaborate meals. Before you order home delivery of food in Surat, it would help to know what's what. Here's a checklist of some popular dishes:
- Lochu: a popular breakfast treat made with gram flour paste and flavoured with garlic and other spices.
- Ghevar: a fried mix of flour, ghee, and sugar syrup, which is served with almonds, pistachios, or ground cardamom.
- Patra: a common feature of the Gujarati thali, this dish is made with gram flour wrapped in the leaf of the Taro plant, then cut into slices and fried.
- Lunch Thali: a multi-dish meal comprising a vegetarian preparation, some snacks, yogurt and pulse-based dishes, khichdi or rice, lentils, and a dessert.
- Dhokla: a very popular breakfast dish that comes in many variations. Made with a rice and chickpea blend, it's a great way to start the day.
- Khaman: similar to the dhokla, it is made with gram flour and has a smoother texture. It can serve as a stand-alone dish or as an accompaniment.
Now that you're better informed, order food online in Surat from popular cuisines such as Biryani, Chinese, Fast Food, Mexican, North Indian, Pizza or Seafood, just to name the few, and let foodpanda take care of the rest!
Home delivery of food in Surat is a foodpanda speciality
foodpanda is renowned for making cuisines accessible to food lovers across the world. In Surat, we have networked with dozens of restaurants to make their dishes available to customers in the city. You can order food online in Surat by visiting the foodpanda website and selecting the establishment with whom you wish to place an order. Scroll through the restaurant's menu, put your food choices in your shopping basket, and simply mouse-click to place the order. We will process your order and ensure that food is delivered to your address, straight from the restaurant's kitchen. With foodpanda, enjoy home delivery of food Surat... today!