Various choices to order from Veg restaurants in Mumbai
Formerly known as Bombay, Mumbai derives its name from the Goddess Mumba Devi and the suffix, “ai," which means mother in Marathi language. Maharashtra’s most populous city is also said to be India’s wealthiest city. Additionally, Mumbai has a number of vegetarian specialities. One such speciality is Batata Vada, which is a deep-fried dumpling that has ingredients like fresh coriander, mashed potatoes and green chillies. It is usually served with green chutney. Another vegetarian speciality is Brun Maska. Brun, which is hard and crispy outside, but soft inside, is a type of bread that is exclusive to Mumbai. The bread is lathered with butter for creating Brun Maska, which is delicious when dipped into Mumbai’s Irani Chai. Now, with foodpanda’s order from Veg restaurants in Mumbai, picking and ordering from a varied range of Punjabi, Chinese, Western and other sorts of vegetarian victuals is easily accomplished.
Indeed, when it comes to food, Mumbai serves it up in spades. Within its municipal boundaries you’ll find restaurants dishing out delicacies from every corner of the world: Thai curries, American burgers, Japanese sushi, Chinese chow, and of course traditional Indian fare from Kashmir to Kanyakumari!
Don´t forget that you can also find vegetarian restaurants and dishes in Hyderabad,
To cover just the celebrated establishments would take a book, so we will limit ourselves to a brief overview of the best vegetarian eateries in the city. You could visit them with family and friends over the following weeks, or simply order vegetarian food online and dine like a pasha in your own pad. Either way, you won’t be disappointed if you stick with our recommendations…
Mumbai’s best vegetarian restaurants – arguably, of course!
There are scores of vegetarian eateries spread across Mumbai, offering both Indian and international cuisines. This selection of eight great establishments is fairly representative of the city’s popular cuisines, so you could order vegetarian food online from any of these - for starters - and then visit them one at a time on your next food safari!
You will find the top restaurants and Mumbai areas in which we deliver:
- Swati Snacks (Tardeo): with four decades in the business, this eatery’s experience and professionalism shows in its inestimable snacks. Popular dishes include fada ni khichdi, thalipith pitla, tomato-and-cheese pizza, and panki chatni. A meal for two would cost approximately Rs400, so why not drop in for a bite – or, if you prefer, order veg cuisine delivery to your doorstep!
- Café Madras (Matunga East):this quintessential South Indian restaurant offers great taste at an affordable price tag. Neer masala, idli butter podi, tuppa masala dosa, and dahi missal are worth a try – and filtered coffee, of course! For Rs300, two could have a very satisfying meal.
- Shiv Sagar (Juhu-Chowpatty): one of the oldest pure-veg establishments in the area, this place serves up all-time favourites like pav bhaji, Mysore dosa, onion uttapam, and alu tava paratha. Rs500 would buy two a feast, cold drinks included.
- Quattro (High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel): this restaurant’s Italian and Mexican exotica includes drool-inducing delights like quesadillas, burritos, and enchiladas – and egg-and-galatin-free desserts too! Cost: Rs750 for two.
- Cream Centre (Chowpatty): a great place for sizzlers, nachos, lachha parathas, and dal makhni. Rs800 would suffice to fill a couple of bellies.
- Breeze (Hiranandani Gardens, Powai): pizza, pasta, cocktails… when it comes to all-veg Mediterranean fare, this hangout is the place to be for singles, couples, or the whole partying gang! Carry Rs1000 to be on the safe side.
- Guru Kripa (Sion Station): for samosas, choles, grilled sandwiches, and pav bhaji preparations, there’s no place quite like Guru Kripa!
- Bhagat Tarachand (Memon Street, Kalbadevi): part of a 15-year-old restaurant chain, this outlet shines with its irresistible Indian and Chinese offerings. A meal for two would cost roughly Rs700. You could dine in, or order veg food delivery to your residential or office address.
Bring home the wonders of veg cooking!
More people than ever before have begun to order vegetarian food online from their favourite restaurants in Mumbai to avoid the hassles of commuting. If you too wish to sample the fare of the best vegetarian restaurants, the easiest way to go about it is to log on to foodpanda.in, the world-famous food delivery portal.
To order vegetarian food online from foodpanda, you just need to use the search panel on the site to bring up all the veg outlets in your area. Once you’ve selected a restaurant, you can fill your shopping basket with selections from its online menu, then pay with your credit card (or choose cash on delivery) and wait for foodpanda to process your order and have it delivered to your address.
You may, alternatively, use foodpanda’s smartphone app to order from the best vegetarian restaurants in Mumbai wherever you are. So go ahead and organise a banquet for the family with pushbutton ease!