The best South Indian restaurants in Mumbai are real charmers
Time was when Mughlai and Irani eateries dominated Mumbai’s restaurant scene. Then came the Udipi “invasion” with many restaurants introducing gourmets to Karnataka’s native cuisine. This was followed by other South Indian cuisines (from Kerala and Tamil Nadu) making an appearance in the city and thus transforming its foodscape for good.
Today, with scores of South Indian restaurants spread across Mumbai, foodies are overjoyed to have so many food options – and so will you be, once you know what’s cooking...
Savour the South’s sumptuous specialities
It’s difficult to identify the best South Indian restaurants in Mumbai on your own, so why not follow our recommendations? Here is a list of eateries that have impressed discerning customers with their food preparations, so do a quick study to decide whether to plan a dine-out or order home delivery.
- Sai Sagar: snacks, starters, sandwiches… this outlet has it all.
- Only Cherlyn: a recently opened eatery at Powai that serves a wide range of popular dishes, as well as chicken, veg, and fish thalis.
- Jai Hanuman Hotel: operating in Andheri (East), Kharadi, the outlet serves sumptuous veg and non-veg dishes. It has home delivery, so if you wish to order Kerala and Tamil food delivery in Mumbai, this is the place to contact.
- Hotel Sharada: another Andheri (East) food joint that’s worth considering if you want to order online South Indian food home delivery in Mumbai. It lists more than a dozen top-favourite South Indian dishes on its menu, not to mention delicacies from other cuisines.
- Bhagwati Veg Restaurant: a popular spot in Kandivali (West), which serves everything from pav bhaji to the estimable Amar Akbar Antony Dosa!
- Maharana Kamath: this pure-veg eatery in Chembur offers value-for-money Gujarati and South Indian thalis at easy prices.
- Taranga: based in Marol, the restaurant has won praise from diners for its biryanis, stuffed parathas, and crispy spring rolls.
If you wish to have a broader view of the best South Indian restaurants in Mumbai, visit the foodpanda website. It lists dozens of restaurants offering this cuisine (among others), so you can study them at leisure and make a note of which ones you’d like to order from.
Discover great food the foodpanda way
foodpanda is an international restaurant-to-home food delivery service in which scores of eating establishments participate. Food lovers use the foodpanda website to get an overview of the restaurants in their locality and order for food to be sent to them from restaurants of their choice.
If you’d like to place an order online for South Indian food home delivery in Mumbai, log on to foodpanda.in and search for eateries offering this cuisine in your neighbourhood. Select a restaurant, navigate to its online menu, and then order straight off it. Pay with credit card or choose cash-on-delivery on the check-out page, and then just sit back and dream about the great food that’s coming your way!
You could use foodpanda’s smartphone app if you don’t own a computer. Whichever method you choose, be assured that foodpanda will have your order processed and sent to you – hot and fresh and perfectly packed! Happy eating!